Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 29 and 30: Food Photography

Yesterday I forgot to take a picture, but I attempted to make up for it by taking two today. You'll forgive me. All 3 of you :). 

So far, my favorite thing to photograph is food. This interest in photography began with the inception of my other blog (yes, I know I'm ridiculous), and my love of cooking. I wanted to share recipes I had made with family and friends, and I wanted to SHOW them what I made, regardless that I'm darn near 2,500 miles away from everyone.

Then, I discovered the world of food blogs. Holy. Cow. People are CRAZY! There are blogs out there, a good example being smitten kitchen, that have high quality recipes AND professional looking photos. Well, gosh darn it, I want that too. 

Um, I'm really, really far away from that point. *Maybe* in a few years I'll be able to take a decent photo and explain my recipes well, but I'm not going to put the bar too high. Much like in graduate school...ahem...nevermind.

 I do want to continue to grow in my expertise in the kitchen and in photography, and Lord knows I'm not going to do that by taking pictures of the celing. I also recognize that some days are better than others, and don't involve my brain exploding in a migraine.

Anyway, I am working on a macro (close up) collage for my kitchen of various fresh fruits and vegetables. Some of these photos will come from earlier posts on chemistinthekitchen, but some will be new. Here are a few I took today, though there not as "macro" as some of the others I've taken:




I know it looks dumb for me to watermark these pictures, but I'm trying to get into the habit so when I take pictures that are actually good enough to "steal", I can mark my territory. Harumph.


Happy Friday, Ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment