Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 17: Happy Saturday!

I enjoy not working on Saturdays, though that happens rarely now that graduate school has dominated most aspects of my life.

Today, Tony and I decided to take the day off and go exploring. Tony is deciding between going into the navy reserve and air force reserve, so we decided to go up to the air force base he would be stationed at if he did decided to join the air force. There are pros and cons to each service, primarily if Tony goes back in as active duty after I'm done with school here. If he joins the navy, there is a guarantee that he will be out at sea for long periods of time (6-18 months), most likely twice. If he joins the air force, there's a chance he'll be deployed, but it's much slimmer than if he were to rejoin the army or marine corps.

Anyway, we took a road trip. The base itself was reminiscent of a ghost town, though there was a large airstrip with many big planes, including a chartered plane that was taking off. We checked out the base to see how far away it was (about 1 hour-1 hour and fifteen minutes away). We also decided to go to the air force museum they had there--it was actually really neat! I'm sharing my favorite picture below. It was such a beautiful, sunny day, and there was not one cloud in the sky! I was very glad to have a polarizing attachment for my lens, as the sky looked SO wonderfully blue!


We opted not to go into L.A. We're not really city folk :). Maybe another time, when I don't feel like going 1 hour away is stressful. I may share a few more photos of our trip after I get them worked up.
Ok...One more for right now, I can't resist :).

No comments:

Post a Comment