Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 18: Clean Up on Aisle 1-1,000

Oh brother, I'm tired. It's a good tired, though, reflective of a productive day that had absolutely nothing to do with work or school. Actually, this whole weekend was a required getaway from work. Sometimes, it's nice to just step back.

Today I did 9 loads of laundry, which hadn't been done in about 3 weeks. It wasn't too bad, though, since Tony helped with all of the folding and I have now been introduced to the movie series "Resident Evil." What is it about guys and zombie movies? Sheesh. I have to say that it was entertaining to watch, for the most part. The part where I'm cowering in the corner with my head under my pillow was much less entertaining.



We also reorganized and cleaned our closet and the pantry, which is actually what I chose as my daily photo. Both Tony's mom and my mom send us food on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. It's how they show their love, and I'm certainly not complaining! Anyway, they keep us stocking in rice, grains, pastas, teas and other various canned and non-perishables. Our pantry is always full, regardless of if I was able to buy a whole bunch at the grocery that week or not. Ok, so basically, Tony and I are prepared to live in our apartment for a month in case of a nuclear war, or if we both lost our jobs. This is not a planned thing, just how things have turned out. Plus, if any of our neighbors should dare to knock on our door, I could give then Uncle Ben's Wild Rice as a neighborly gesture :).

And I see the Kool Aid in there. Know that I don't drink that nasty stuff--it makes me gag. Tony was drinking it for a while back in San Antonio, but *thankfully* has kind of forgotten about it. Since he doesn't regularly cook as much as I do, I'm not really concerned that his memory will be jogged and I'll have to stir up a bunch of it while dry heaving.

Ugh, I can't believe it's Sunday night already. I'm thankful that I'm always happy on Sundays (well, when I don't have migraines). It makes the whole rest of the week bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment