Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 20 and 21

Day 20:

Group meeting day. Blech. I did find time to scan through one of my favorite cookbooks: the New Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, straight out of the olden days. Well, at least it's reminiscent of olden days.



I love it. Tony gave it to me the Christmas we decided to get married, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. 

Day 21:

I tried a totally new recipe today (actually, 2 totally new recipes!). I'll post both eventually, but I think today I'm going to be lazy. We had Cajun pork loin and braised kale with garlic and tomatoes. We both loved it, so I guess it will be a new (inexpensive--hallelujah) regular meal. Yay!


Please take note of my lovely plate. I coveted the set at Target all winter, and then Tony found it there for 75% off.  I guess patience pays off. And yes, I do see that rogue tomato, and it annoys me. What annoys me more is that the other shot of this had my finger in it. My finger. Amateur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment