Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 85-88: March goes out with some green

I noticed most of the photos for this post are green--my favorite color! I swear, this was unintentional :).

Day 85:

I am pretty adventurous when it comes to food these days. *Thud* Did anyone else hear my mom faint? I put her through some troubles when I was little, as I was a very picky eater. These days, I try to reward myself by buying something new at the grocery store every once in a while to curb my creativity and eagerness to try new things.

This past week, I bought these green tea tapioca balls (no, no...not THAT kind of tapioca. I'm not brave enough to try that again quite yet). They're very easy to prepare, just boil in water for about 5 minutes, drain and serve plain or with a bit of honey, the latter of which I preferred. I think these are very similar to the "bubbles" found in boba (bubble tea) served at some Thai and other Asian restaurants. The verdict--actually pretty good! I don't think I would buy them again, simply because they're not all that economical, but they were a fun treat!

Here they are straight out of the package:



And after they're cooked:



I love their coloring!

Day 86:

Grocery shoppin' day. Tony and I picked up a refrigerated pepperoni pizza at the Commissary, and dressed it up with some black olives and mushrooms--so delicious!



Look at his thumb. It's so manly :).

Day 87:

Saturday, while I was at work, Tony did all of the laundry! YAY! I helped him fold it whenever I got home, but I was relieved that I didn't have to lug it down to the laundry facility and back!



Day 88:

Brussels sprouts, I love you.



1 comment:

  1. Love your posts. I am currently in lab waiting for my rats to behave, and I thought I'd catch up on reading your blog. I miss you so much, and I got really excited about going to SA town next week then remembered you wouldn't be there. I am looking forward to this summer, though. Yay. I should go. The rats are calling!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete