Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 71 and 72: Thank Goodness the Weekend's Here!

Day 71:

I wanted to make dinner, dang it, since we had been living of leftovers and quesadillas for the past few days. I made a hearty lentil and barley stew, which I'll post on the cooking blog eventually. It was really good--and healthy too! Normally, for Tony those combinations don't occur frequently...:).



This is the pearl barley I used in the soup. I'm trying to be artistic, and I'm failing :(. 

Suggestions?

Day 72:

I went to water the plants today and I saw something AMAZING.

Do you see it?



Maybe now:


THE SEEDS ARE SPROUTING! This means that my black thumb is doing better than it did last year, after I killed our love bonzai, along with about 10 kinds of vegetables and flowers in San Antonio. Now I'm all about the watering. These babies get dry out here quick, so I try to remember to water them at least every other day. I'm on my way to having some home grown tomatoes and basil!

No comments:

Post a Comment