Saturday, March 28, 2009

Side Note: Puppies

So, I go into work early on a regular basis, which limits my human contact. Normally, while my experiments are running, I'm either planning the next experiment, reading a paper, thinking about how overwhelmed I am, or, if I'm really lucky and I feel super productive--I get to talk to my office mates or I surf the web.

Today is Saturday, and I went in to work at 7 AM. I do this not because I like the pain and isolation, but rather, so I can leave guilt free in the late morning early afternoon, and spend the rest of the day with Tony. Since it's Saturday, 9:45 AM, my gel is running and I don't feel like reading another paper about the unfolded protein response in cells, and the first other human (aside from the security guards) I've seen in lab today just rolled in, I'm going to show you a photo.

This is not a photo I took, but it is a photo I edited slightly to look awesome :). Tony's mom and dad are in the market for a second puppy (they just got a new Schipperke puppy a few months ago, and they decided they wanted another little furry guy running around the house). They are using the same breeder they used before, and Tony's dad sent us a few photos of potential pups they might want to own. Here's a photo of a little guy who they probably won't choose, because he may grow to be nearly double the size of the other new puppy (18 lbs versus 10 lbs is just not a fair fight...). He's a chubster, and he's adorable.



I mean, look at those cheeks! That stare! That little button nose! Too bad he's a big boned fella, otherwise I would totally suggest to Tony's family that they NEED this puppy. I'm sure it's just the angle of the photo, and the moment the photograph was taken, but seriously, how could anything look cuter?

Here's a photo of Shadow, the new puppy Tony's parents already own:



He's a mischievous puppy, and he likes to bother their older dog, Rob, A LOT.



I bet deep down, Rob likes the company, though. Rob doesn't express his emotions very well to people other than my father-in-law, whom he absolutely adores. I wonder what the next puppy will bring to the family in terms of personality?

Off to the world of science...

No comments:

Post a Comment