Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day 77-81: This is a Marathon.

Day 77:

By request from my friend, Poppet, I'm going to update you on the vanilla extract project. Basically, the alcohol is starting to obtain a darker color, though definitely not as dark as a store bought extract yet. We'll have to wait a few more weeks :).



Day 78:

The 'maters are growing. Soon we'll have to transplant them into a larger planter so they can really start to take off. I can't wait to have fresh tomatoes to cook with!




Day 79:

The Girl Scouts. Are. Everywhere. My hips are not thanking them, but my taste buds...well that's another story. I honkin' LOVE samoas. Not to be a tease, but I did find a few recipes on the internet for homemade samoas (om nom nom), and I'm definitely going to try to make them. I don't mind supporting the Girl Scouts, but at $4 a box those little princesses are becoming price gouging hags. Seriously.



Day 80:

I took Saturday off, without any regrets. Tony and I went to a flea market down by the area near Sherman St. (one of the offices Tony works at when he's not on Coronado). There was some guy in a sombrero selling his art (i.e. fingerpaintin'), and I thought it was really lovely. It'll go with the only other real piece of art I own, a-la-Brittni. For whatever reason, trees are very symbolic to me. I must have been influenced early on by Disney's version of Pocahontas. Hah.


Day 81:

I semi-successfully warded of a migraine today--the second one in two weeks--by loading up on prescription strength Motrin. Num. I made some lavender honey bunches, which use dried lavender flowers, which, you guessed it, smell like lavender. The honey bunches taste okay, but it's a little hard to get over the whole "hmm..smells like soap" thing. Tony's napping, and I'm going to see what he thinks before I share the love on the cooking blog. I'm pretty sure these bad boys would taste pretty excellent without the lavender, so the recipe may show up even if I get the "Yuck, tastes like soap!" reaction.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment