Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 57-59: Catching up on some reading...

Day 57:



I find cookbooks and cooking magazines to be incredibly relaxing. I enjoy flipping through the pages, thinking "wow, I bet I could make that" or "that looks totally disgusting..." I like thinking about all the new and exciting things I could make if I had the time and resources. Sometimes, I do get a chance to make new things. I'm always up for trying something new! I've crashed and burned far too many times to be dissuaded from being adventurous. This has proven to be very fruitful, because I've made several new recipes that Tony and I both enjoy--but mixed in, there have been a few catastrophes. As is life.

Day 58:

The probability that I open my Bible with a purposeful heart directly correlates with how overwhelmed I am. I wish this wasn't the case. I wish I could tell you all that I open my Bible on a daily basis, hungry for God's word. Normally, I've fallen into a complacent "oh, I'll read a few verses," but I only take them for face value. When life gets tough--I start to really pay attention. 



Colossians 4:2 "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." (Italics mine)

It is so easy to be ungrateful and complacent until you've hit the bottom. Whether "the bottom" manifests as anxiety, stress, depression, or other physical ailments, it is a undoubtedly a dark and frightening place. Once you're there, you feel gratitude like never before, because regardless of if you have been devoted in prayer, or even the slightest bit thankful, you're rescued, no questions asked.

Believe me when I say that I am thankful.

Day 59: 



Dad's book! Today in the mail Tony and I received a copy of my dad's new book, The Automobile and  American Life. I've only read the introduction so far, but even with the limited amount I've read, I'm really impressed! My dad's a full-fledged author, and I couldn't be more proud :).

No comments:

Post a Comment