Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 50-53: I'm a messy nerd.

Day 50:

I cut coupons, and I like it. I think it's a little strange that people spend hours and hours of their time researching ads, comparing 19 different stores, and waiting for double coupon days. Times are seriously tough and scary right now, and I'm definitely not in a position to judge. I also am not in a position to use my sleeping hours to figure out sales and strategies like that. Thank goodness for the Commissary. This being said, I do read the Sunday paper and I do cut out coupons, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to receive the occasional batch from either my mom or Tony's mom.



Truthfully, using coupons has helped us a lot financially. When we were living in San Antonio and Tony's pay from the military was all we had, coupons allowed us to use our money for other things, like hanging out with friends or going out on dates.Text Color

Thursday nights I usually spend about 1 hour sifting through coupons and writing up a grocery list. Yes, this is my one hour of free time I have a night on weekdays, but if it saves us money, so be it. Our grocery bill averages $50 a week, and is very consistent, no matter what I buy. I don't really know how that compares to others (and I don't really care), but it works for us. It seems as though God has His hand in our finances even when I'm in a dark place.

I don't think I'll ever get over God's faithfulness.

Day 51:



My life is messy, much like this couch. We've had to move everything off our coffee table to follow this exercise program, and instead of doing the logical thing (put the stuff away), I just moved it to the love seat. This is pretty much Exhibit A of why I can't ever be a housewife. I just don't give a hoot. Don't worry, my nappin' couch is free and clear.

Day 52:

I noticed that most of my pictures are of things inside our apartment (food, objects, etc.). This is because when all is said and done and I actually have time for a photo, it's dark outside. Ugh. Anyway, before church yesterday I ran out of the house, no shoes, hair soaking wet, Tony yellin' "Pook, we're gonna be late!" and defiantly took terrible photos of a tree. 



On a side note, I probably should have taken a photo of my pants and Tony's pants after we arrived at church. We bought coffee, and in the car I spilled his on my pants, and as he was getting out he spilled mine on his pants! We're quite a pair.

Day 53:



Dimensional analysis in order to make FDA approved vanilla extract. I also read an early 1900s paper from the Journal of Chemistry and Engineering Science about how vanillin (the nummy aldehyde) is made synthetically. Megadork.

No comments:

Post a Comment