Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 96-98: Random.

Day 96:

Kale is one of my favorite vegetables, and if I'd have my way--I'd probably eat it more than once a week. Monday I used my braised kale recipe and whipped up a beautiful, healthy side dish!



Day 97:

I've been reflecting a lot on the time I've spent helping out with the 3-5 year olds at church. In the beginning, I was really afraid. I thought that I was going to be too serious for the kids, or that the worst case scenario would happen: "I need to go potty." Well, the latter was inevitable--kids have to go to the bathroom! What I didn't expect was that my heart melted within my first 15 minutes, and I look forward to spending my Saturday evening playing and making relationships with these kids.



One of my favorite songs from MY childhood growing up in a church community was "This little light of mine...I'm going to let it shine..." And every time I work with these children, I think about how I am planting a seed, even if it's just my smile or agreeing to read the story about Jonah and the Whale for the 18th time with an excited storytelling voice. I feel blessed every time I walk into that classroom.

Day 98:

So, I scrambled to make a post on chemistinthekitchen. I just haven't made anything "new" in a while. This is dissapointing on many levels, but I just can't do it all! Check out the recipe on my cooking blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment