Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 232-238: Whatever.

This week started out interesting. I decided to actually check on my semi-living potted plants, and nearly jumped out of my skin when I was examining my jalapenos. Do you see it?



GAHHH! BIG HONKIN' CATERPILLAR. Don't even try to pupate on my plant, you fat cow.



We tried to knock it off with a stick, and then used a compressed, computer air duster thingy to try to "puff" it off. Basically, we snapped the leaf off, and catapulted the little demon off the side of the balcony with a satisfying puff of air. Hurumph. Don't mess with the only plant that's living, okay?


In all honesty, I've been having a really hard time cooking lately. With a new, evening work out schedule, I find that I have little energy left. So, during the week we eat sandwiches and frozen (healthy) meals. Ideally, I'd like to cook on Sunday for most of the week. Turns out that the only day off I have, I'd actually like to take OFF. This being said, I did cook up some soup and also some roasted garlic hummus today for a yoga group I attend, and it was pretty fun!


We got a new T.V. Please don't judge me. I love it. It was a STEAL of a sale. Seriously, don't judge me, or you'll end up like the caterpillar. That's a funny word...caterpillar. Say it three times fast without laughing. I dare you...you judgey judgers.


Tony's totally hard at work writing two term papers. I really wish I could go back-to-school shopping :(. I miss buying notebooks, pens and folders. I do not miss term papers.


Do you know what a Tofutti Cutie is? It's a delicious, non-dairy ice cream sandwich. I'm not sure about all of the flavors, but at least the vanilla one tastes just like ice cream. Nummers.

1 comment:

  1. hi rachel, it's melinda... and you won the $25 gift card to barnes and noble. email me at lovelikethefrenchdo@hotmail.com so i can get it to you.

    ReplyDelete