Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 218-225: VEGAS BABY!

Tony and I headed to Vegas this weekend to celebrate our two year anniversary. I cannot believe I've been married for two years! In some ways, it feels like the time has absolutely flown by, and in other ways, it feels like we've been together for much, much longer.

I definitely can't complain :). These past few years have been so full of excitement and adventure...not to mention trials and my fair share of nervous breakdowns. Through everything we've been there for each other, whether it be accepting that graduate school in the sciences was far harder than I imagined it would be, working our way to debt free, getting to know 3-5 year olds every Saturday night and even quitting smoking. I could not ask for a more full life.

Here are a few shots from Las Vegas. They are in no particular order because I'm horrifically lazy. It was a great weekend, full of lots of memories (including winning $150 at the 25c slots...yeehaw!) and much needed rest.

Enjoy!

The trip there through the Mojave was beautiful. I love the desert. We'd live there if it wasn't so dang hot!


Tony drove the whole way. It's what he does.


This one's for you, Momma, just in case you forgot just how many honkin' freckles I have...



We stayed at The Palazzo, a new addition to the Venetian hotel. It was ridiculous. I wouldn't mind living there for more than a few days...


One day we ate at the Treasure Island champagne brunch buffet. Mimosas + every type of dessert you can think of = happy Lisa.


Mandatory Tony scruntchy face photo:


We walked around the strip a little on Saturday. I really liked this waterfall outside of the Wynn hotel. The creepy statue in the water reminds me of the allegory of the cave from Plato's Republic. Way to go liberal arts education!


Our room was truly outstanding. The view of the strip was awesome!


Not to mention, the room had gold squishy couches and to-die-for retro accessories. I speculated if I took a pillow we'd be promptly charged about $100.


Everything was so elegant and chic!


We went out to a show, Mystere, on Saturday night, which was a blast! I even wore eye-makeup and kept my hands away from my face long enough to not smudge it for an evening. Okay, maybe not the whole evening. Maybe like an hour. Don't be fooled by that gooney smile of Tony's, he's a tough guy...


As evidenced by this photo:


I guess I make gooney faces too sometimes...


The bathroom was pretty posh too--fancy mirrors, glass shower, soaking tub, TV (!???!!), phone in the toilet (Really? Um, yes concierge, I need more toilet paper NOW!).


They also provided robes during the stay, which I napped in on more than one occasion.


The view was even more spectacular at night:


In the morning, this same view shows the mountains that surround Las Vegas:


Sunday we walked around the shops in the Palazzo and the Venetian. The shops are made to look like Venice, complete with faux sky and a river running through the "city" of shops.


I liked the street lamps. Weirdo.

I also liked the gondolas, but that's a little more of a reasonable affinity, I think.


Mandatory self-portrait shot.

Umbrella art!

Anyone else feel like Mary Poppins?


All of the coins thrown in the fountain are donated to a research facility helping drug-addicted individuals--pretty awesome.



I loved the fountains that were throughout the hotel!



So, running is really hard. Here I am, purple. Don't judge...just pray I don't die. That would be embarrassing for Tony. "Oh, we're so sorry, how did your wife die?" "Um, she tried to run a mile, got a side cramp, and had a heart attack because she was worried her stomach was going to fall out of her butt." "I see."

No comments:

Post a Comment