Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day 226-231: Odds and Ends

This is my pal, Maurice. He was a high school intern for the summer in our lab, and he will be missed greatly. We had some good times. He taught me how to play minesweeper, and I taught him how to do a western blot, split cells. Fair exchange, I think. I look a little puffy. I'm not sure what's going on with that, though I can guarantee I'm not preggers. Unless I'm one of those women on the Discovery channel who's 95 months pregnant and one day "POP" a baby comes out.

Hellooooo worst nightmare.


I finally bought something to put on the counter to hold my fresh produce in. Tony was getting super annoyed with the plastic bags everywhere, and picked this up at Target this weekend.


Speaking of produce...my tomato is ripening. My plants are basically surviving by the grace of God. I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to ever have a kid if I can't even remember to water some dang plants every once in a while. Most likely these plants have now modified their DNA to survive my black thumb. Anyone want a heirloom seed? Hah. Hah. Hah.



AHH!!??!! WHAT IS THIS POD GROWING ON MY BASIL??!!?? GET IT OFF!!!! Aliens. Are. On. My. Balcony.



Humming birds are cool, and really hard to photograph.


I'll leave you with a sneak peek at how I entertain myself on Sunday afternoons when Tony's busy studying or (gasp) playing WoW:


Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment