Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Orleans Edition, Day 2

After church on Sunday we went to the sculpture garden outside the New Orleans Museum of Art. I was overheated within 15 minutes. What happen to my ability to deal with heat in San Antonio?? Wimp.

There was a little train that ran around the museum's botanical and sculpture gardens--so cute!


I enjoyed the lake, where the trees were weighed down by moss. In many ways, it's what my mind's eye sees whenever it thinks of Louisiana. Well, that and gators sitting on the front porch of a one-eyed Cajun with three fingers playing the blues on a guitar. You know.


This little guy was really cool! There were lizards everywhere. You could hear them scampering in the bushes, waiting to build up enough numbers for world domination.


Wow, look at all the violins. I'm pretty sure Brittni would whole-hearted agree that they are violins. Definitely not cellos. Impossible.


It was so beautiful and tranquil there. If it didn't feel like the surface of the sun, I probably would have never wanted to leave...


All you need is love...


More of that moss. It's haunting.


In memory of Brittni's sweet turtle:


I'll leave you with a sense of progress. Brittni and I complete our first years of graduate study apart. We were one year older than the last time we had physically seen one another, and both of us had independently learned a vast amount of information. We are both very different than the last time we were together, but also very much the same. Progress had been made. Tests had been taken. Things had been checked off of our respective lists. We are continually moving forward, beyond what we imagined we could accomplish. Yet, at the core, we are still the same. I find this very comforting.


1 comment: