Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 174-180: A New Approach...

So, after some contemplation, I've decided to keep up this blog in a new way. This will help reduce the amount of stuff I need to do during the week, and lessen the amount of stress during the week. I've decided every Sunday (except when I may be on vacation), I'll post seven photos of the previous week. Truth be told, it is EXTREMELY difficult with my schedule and enjoyment of sleeping to (remember) to take a photo every day, and I'm sure y'all would rather see more thoughtful pictures than photos of my ceiling. I knew you'd understand :).

So, without further adieu, seven photos...


I made some open faced blueberry pie...sooo good! The local grocery store here had a sale on blueberries (88 cents a pint!), so I grabbed up as many as were allowed and made this pie. Strangely, all last week my car smelled like fresh blueberries. I didn't think much of it, but decided to check the trunk just in case. Low and behold, there was a rouge package of blueberries in my trunk, which would have surely lost their pleasant smell sooner than later...I'm glad we found them!!



I love our humming birds, but they are SO hard to photograph!


What. the. heck. is. this. Tony wasn't interested in getting rid of it. Any takers? I think it's an alien pod. I'm also pretty ridiculous about being afraid of bugs, and I have a tendency to exaggerate.



Every time I cooked something in the oven of our new apartment, the fire alarms would go off. I thought 1) the last residents used too much oven cleaner and it was still burning off, or 2) I'm a terrible cook and I don't know how to operate a gas oven. Turns out I stored some grilling utensils beneath the oven in the pull-out storage space, and they caught on fire. Yikes! Good thing it was contained...


Noooo! My tomato plant is DYING??!?? I do have a black thumb :(.


The jalapenos seem to be doing fine---robust little fellas.


I bought some new Fossil sunglasses on base that cover 60% of my face. I love them. Tony calls them my face-huggers.

(Bonus) Looks like they can turn even the burliest of men into divas :)...hah!


No comments:

Post a Comment