Thursday, July 22, 2010

Julian, CA and Point Loma

While Tony's parents were here, we traveled around to show them some of our favorite places around the county.

Julian, California is an old prospecting town that's now famous for its apple pie (or any pie, for that matter), antique shops and local history. I've visited there a few times now, and I really enjoy all of the cute stores around the town.


I also liked these chickens. They make cooing noises instead of clucking, and are very small. I wanted to slip one in my purse and name her Francis.


We also traveled to the Cabrillo National Monument in Point Loma. I would like to reiterate how much I love the ocean.



I also really loved the succulent plants covering the cliffs. Up close, they looked like they were covered in florist's fake water.



We all had a great time basking in the sun and exploring the coves near the tidepool.




(Crab down there!)

More pictures of the Wild Animal Park to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos, and I am so happy for you and Tony. Congratulations on your first home! Also glad to see that Tony's parents had a good visit. I feel like we were just in Julian eating the most amazing pie. Mmmmmm!

    Let me know when you have some time to catch up soon. I'd love to hear your voice. I miss you so much. Sometimes I just wish you were here to hug because you are so special. Tell everyone hi for me--Tony, Saffron, Amber, Shaza, and Steph!

    New Orleans misses you,
    brittni

    ReplyDelete