Sunday, January 31, 2010

It's Sunday night, the most bittersweet time of my week.

Setting goals for the whole world to see forced some accountability into my weekend, which I kind of enjoyed (remember, I'm Type A).

Ok, first of all, did you SEE the Wolf moon on Friday night? Holy cow, that sucker was bright.

Copyright Alan Walters

The first thing I did Saturday morning was clean out my clothes. I had to run a few errands in Poway in the morning, and in order to multi-task and stop by the Salvation Army there, I needed to get that chore out of the way pronto. I delivered a large trash bag full of clothes that I have not worn in over a year, and I started my morning out feeling good.

While I was in Poway, I decided to stop by Lake Poway and take a few photos. Here are some of by favorites:










As for the afternoon...well, that's a different story. I decided to just "rest my eyes" on the couch, which turned into a two hour ordeal. Tony, however, went happily downstairs to powdercoat some parts for the Coug. He has a lot more energy than I do. Sigh.

Church was really great last night. Part of the chorus to one of the worship songs was "Hallelujah, You're the lifter of our heads." This really resonated with me last night, and looking back on the last month or so of my life, I can't help but believe that statement is true. The kiddos were okay, but instead of feeling uplifted at the end of my service there, I've been feeling a bit discouraged. I have to remember though, as long as the KIDS feel uplifted and like they have learned something important, then I have done my job.

This morning I woke up early without an alarm clock. Sigh. I decided I felt like painting. I was too scared/lazy (the paint thinner is all the way down in the garage) to paint with oil, so I made an acrylic painting. It was inspired by my visit to the lake yesterday. I'm not entirely amazed by it, but it's a good start!


I also did get to spend some fun time at one of my small group girlfriend's birthday dinner. We took lots of photos (well, she took lots of photos), but I did manage to get one with her. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the cable to my point-and-shoot camera, so it looks like we'll have to wait a bit to see that photo.

All in all, it was a great weekend!

For my fellow Type A friends, here's the stuff all crossed off (well, italicized)!

Clean out clothes (get rid of unused/old stuff)
Help Tony work on the Coug-we took out the old heater core, and inhaled a lifetime's worth of rust
Get sewing machine to work
Work on sewing a blanket
Hang up some framed photos and wall art
Clean up hard drive(s) on the desktop computer
Go to church
Teach at Kingdom Builders (kindergarten)
Stargaze
Take some photos
Paint 1 small oil painting, (well, it was acrylic...)
Go to a friend's birthday dinner
Have quality time with my small group girls

No comments:

Post a Comment