Friday, January 22, 2010

Singin' in the Rain

We have had some awfully strange weather for San Diego these last few days. Torrential, and I mean TORRENTIAL rains, high speed winds, thunderstorms, and 20 foot swells.

This makes for a very unhappy community. We are all so spoiled living here. I actually welcomed the rain. It's been quite some time since I've enjoyed a good downpour. I enjoy them the most, however, when I'm not caught walking in them!

I really haven't had much of a chance to photograph the rain, because, well everything was just so...soggy.

The rains have let up a bit today, and I was able to take some neat shots with my new macro lens!


The dirt and mulch in most areas of SD are churned up, and you can see where small rivers formed during the worst part of the storm.



I love how lush and green all the plants have become!


I appreciate how hard it is to find a perfect "droplet". This is as close as I could get:


The flowers weathered the storm and came out victorious!




"Rain" by Shel Silverstein

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment