Monday, November 30, 2009

My first photo shoot!

World, meet my friend, S. She's a very sweet girl who is graduating from nursing school in a few weeks and asked me to take a few photos of her to give to her parents as a gift.

I've never done a photo shoot before, so it was a new and moderately awkward experience for both of us :). I did learn a lot, however, about how to make her (and hopefully others) more comfortable in front of the lens, and how to give direction about head/body placement.

Bottom line: It was so fun! I'm going to withhold comments (sans a few photos) so I can catch up on posting about my Thanksgiving trip to Ohio, but feel free to leave comments of your own.



The photo below is my absolute favorite. It just shows what a joyful, beautiful lady S. is!



I think the photo below was designated the "winner", and will be what S. gives to her family at graduation!

This is S's (that's fun) pal, and my favorite yoga instructor and lab mate, Amber. At the end of the photo shoot Amber jumped in and they took some fun photos together, it was definitely my favorite part!

This bad boy belongs on Awkward Family Photos :).

I like Amber. She makes me laugh, and doesn't take any of my crap. Ever. She also enjoys LOLcats as much as I do!



Best Buds!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, you were wonderful. You definitely did make me feel comfortable and I loved the finished product. I came away sooo many good ones that it was really hard to decide which one to choose. You had a great sense of lighting and angles (nothing I could do on my own). I hope that this hobby of yours blesses many others including you. I know I felt very special.

    - "S"

    P."S." What a treat to have some professional shots with Amber too. These mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete