Wednesday, September 23, 2009

S.O.S.

Um, so there are a few things I need to update on:

1. My big 'puter is moderately sick, and I don't like editing photos on my laptop. Therefore, there are no photos for now.

2. The fact that there are no photos is just fine and dandy, since I've found out that I've already uploaded over 400 photos to THIS blog alone this past year. I've well surpassed my quota, but I love you all, and I want you to make me feel good by telling me you like my photos. It's pretty much what gets me through the day.

3. I have quite a few empty walls, and I'd like to go ahead and toot my own horn (weird expression) and hang some of my photos up. I'm painfully indecisive, and I'd like a little help, if you are willing :).

I'm going to put some pictures below, labeled with numbers, and I'd like y'all to leave a comment about the ones you like the best. I know exactly how many IP addresses read this blog and where they're from, so please don't be shy about voting. I'll be so flattered if you leave a comment at all, anonymous or otherwise :)!

Don't worry about color or type of photo (i.e. I'll take care of what room it will go in best, for example, I probably wouldn't put an artichoke picture in my living room, and I can edit colors to go with the decor better), just tell me what you like! Also, I'll take my dumb name copyright off all of the ones that have it, should I choose to print one of those. I'm so glad I'm over that :).

If you remember a picture from a previous post that you really like, but you don't see it up here, tell me! If you don't like leaving comments on the blog, please feel free to email me at lelas512 at live dot com. (Obviously at=@ and dot=. , just trying to keep away spammers).

Ok, here we go, in no particular order...

Picture 1: Borrego Desert

Picture 2: Flowers in Poway

Picture 3: Tall Grass on Poway Lake

Picture 4: Ladybug

Picture 5: Artichoke

Picture 6: Watered Strawberry Plant

Picture 7: Curious Bird

Picture 8: Railroad in NOLA

Picture 9: Ascending Sculpture

Picture 10: Blueberry Pie

Picture 11: Twisty Vine

Picture 12: Radio Flyer

Picture 13: Robin's Egg

Picture 14: Fountain Coins

Picture 15: Cactus

Picture 16: Propeller

Picture 17: Strawberry Shortcake

Picture 18: Mortar and Pestle

THANK YOU!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I really like 2, 6, 8, 11, 12, and 16. I think they would look great on your empty walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I always like the nature shots, especially 1,2,4, 12 & 13, but I also like the abstract lines of #8 railroad tracks(but in B&W), #9 ascending sculpture & #14 coins. See my long email for more in-depth comments about these photos and others posted previously that I think would go well in a grouping....Momma K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to 1, 7, 8 and a couple of others - the Red rose is a super photo and would look great on any wall, and the one of you getting kisses from a couple of little black furry guys (by the way they miss you!). I also like the one of the old wagon wheel, the antique look you gave it was great. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 11 and 15. You have so many great pictures to pick from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of 2,3,8,9,14,15. I will explain using words that a photographer would never use because I know very little about the art of photography. I do know, however, that you are extremely talented. OK, 2 and 15 have awesome background effects without losing the quality of the image you are focused on. the cactus in 15 reminds me of San Antonio and for some reason it is really hard for me to stop looking at it...probably because of the mesmerizing background effects. :) the Tall Grass (3) piece is very sophisticated with its crazy subject but extreme simplicity. well done. The railroad tracks (8) seem very symbolic of where you are right now with so many changes and constant movement always with a bend ahead not allowing you to see what's coming up. I like the effects on it, too. The ascending sculpture may be my favorite. Every thing about it brings peace, and I know as a grad student, any peace is appreciated. It has a very unique subject that people don't immediately know what it is (except for me, of course). Thus, it remains mysterious and calming. I remember when you took this photo...you ran ahead, sweating profusely. You had already given up on any more pictures and we were headed out of the park. Then, you got inspiration, kneeled down, did some fancy things, and just kept walking. very spontaneous, i love it. lastly, the coins (14) would be a great photo in a kid's room...happy and cheerful. just saying. I love you.

    good luck with the decorating. call me if you ever have a free moment.

    brittni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    okay, here are my picks in order: 8,7 &6 although all are beautiful!! #8 is my favorite.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete