Monday, September 20, 2010

The Joy Machines

Tony and I have decided to get some puppies.

We wanted two, and we wanted them to be brothers. We wanted them to be companions, not only to us, but to each other as well.

We went to a golden retriever breeder (say that three times fast) outside of Temecula, CA, and fell in love.

Tony's pick was a little guy who's incredibly ornery, full of vigor (translate: an energy demon), and is already attached at Tony's heels.


We named him Ed.

My pick was the runt of the litter. He's noticeably smaller (and more of a red head!) than Ed.


He's incredibly sweet, and was content to just play in my lap.


We're naming him Ralph.

They're only 6 weeks old right now, but in a week from Wednesday, we'll travel back up there and bring them home. I'm SO excited. And scared. But mostly excited...

Ed and Ralph. Together, forever.



1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!!!! your family is going to be so precious. I love golden retrievers and it is so great that they get to have their brother as company all day! Y'all are so sweet. I guess I'll have to plan my next trip, because I want to see them before they get too grown up!

    tell Tony hello for me. and I think a Saturday or Sunday phone date should happen this weekend, if only for a few minutes. let me know when you can chat.

    ReplyDelete